Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Pant pant, gasp gasp, woot!


I might as well face it, I'm addicted to Spin.

I'd forgotten how much I once liked it, back when She-Ra was my mentor and my friend and I were in training for a 1,000 km trek across Alberta and British Columbia. (Packing 100 pounds of camp gear in a trailer on one bike, and in the other trailer...my 75-pound dog, Jynx.)

I can get so caught up in the adrenaline rush of mimicking rolling hills, the climb of a steep hill and the wind brushing my hair back as I spin my way down. An hour cruises by. If I close my eyes, I can even pretend I'm in Hawaii, where Rockstar and I will be doing the stunning Road to Hana on bikes this year. Not scooters. Bicycles.

I'm looking forward to the training almost as much as the actual adventure. Whether it's the perky blond cheerleader, or the less than enthusiastic dude in short shorts guiding the class, I'm hooked. Within minutes I'm sweating, perspiration dripping from me as I sit / stand / hover to the beat of my new favourite rhythm.

I've sung this song before and know it's melody well - it's the beautiful, and addictive, tune of my body getting in shape. I really do love that sound.

And on that note, I'm off to do Body Rock.

The Book In My Bag This Week: Ceremony in Death, J.D. Robb

3 comments:

  1. WDS.

    I think it's so interesting you'd be into biking when, as you know, both the ToolMaster and Molly are as well. (Remind me to tell you some of the biking stories P tells from his youth.)

    Anyway, to reiterate, I can see that bloom of health on your cheeks. You're doing a great thing, Dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ladies. I am having a lot of fun.

    Biking has always been a love of mine. The 1,000 km bike trip I alluded to is one of my favourite life experiences - but it did not come easily. If there was a harder way to do the trip, I would have found it. I even packed along my clunky old laptop. Advil was my best friend :-)

    I'd love to hear biking stories!

    ReplyDelete