Thursday, May 6, 2010

Tagged...and an award!

Normally I shy away from these kinds of blog games - not because I'm a snob, but because my memory sucks and I don't want to offend anyone by not playing along.

But I heart Creepy Query Girl and since she tagged me, I'll play. Just this once :-)

So...five questions. Five answers. 


Question 1: Where were you five years ago?
1. Hiding my new puppy from the landlord at my crappy apartment complex - no dogs allowed.
2. In Edmonton.
3. Talking turkey with Alberta consumers - my first "official" communications job.
4. Still searching for my soul mate.
5. Hanging out three times a week in a dingy basement gym learning to box. (Thanks, Barry!)

Question 2 - Where would you like to be five years from now?

1. Touring Italy - for longer than two weeks, and without the "work" mandate.
2. Living on an acreage in BC with my family and writing from my renovated barn-style office.
3. Watching Jagger on the big screen, preferably with a bucket of popcorn and an ice cold Coke Zero.
4. Signing books in a New York bookstore.
5. Completing the Taj Mahal marathon - yes, in India.

Question 3 - What is (was) on your 'to do' list today?

1. Complete accounting work for the day job.
2. Write "tagged" blog post. (check)
3. Watch Vampire Diaries with my stepdaughter and Supernatural with handsome hubby.
4. Book hotel for my sister's wedding in June. (check)
5. Write 10 pages or revise 20.

Question 4 - What snacks do you enjoy?1. Popcorn. With butter and salt.
2. Big Turk chocolate bars.
3. Pistachio nuts.
4. Cookies! (Especially 'cowboy cookies' made by handsome hubby)
5. Cheese chips, or salt and vinegar, and sometimes sour cream and onion. Never All Dressed or ketchup. Or anything spicy.

Question 5 - What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?

1. Stock my handsome husband's sports memorabilia cache (and maybe buy him a sports team).
2. Buy a 1967 Shelby GT 500 and name it Eleanor. (Bonus: Invite Nic Cage to show me how to drive it.)
3. Give substantial annual donations to a literacy charity. I'll start with my current workplace .
4. Adopt several children.
5. Learn a new hobby. Or two.

And so now I'm tagging 5...

1. The awesome MissV.
2. The amazing Random Thinker .
3. Miss sassy and sweet Laurie.
4. The super cool Tahereh.
5. The inspirational Meaghan.

You're it!

And while I'm at it, a super thanks (again) to Creepy Query Girl again for honouring me with my first blogging award:



I'm passing it on to these 5 fabulous bloggers:

Confessions of a Zombie Mom (aka: BF Karen)
Jan Markley
Kyle W. Kerr
B Miller
Tiffany Young

Congrats!

The Book In My Bag Today: Industrial Magic, Kelley Armstrong


8 comments:

  1. Thanks sunshine. I appreciate the tag...really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answers! So much fun to get a sneak peek at all my new buds!

    Thanks for the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks MissV. And you're welcome. Looking forward to reading yours :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. My blog is not fabulous!!! My kids are.... so it just looks that way :) I think i will do this one (someday lol) gotta think a little first. Love you and love all your answers, what are cowboy cookies?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tiffer, YOU are fabulous AND your kids are fabulous. Cowboy cookies are Jeff's mom's special recipe of gooey goodness - chocolate chips, oatmeal, and lots of TLC. Love them. And you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. great answers!

    i hope you get your renovated barn-style office!

    ReplyDelete