Monday, October 31, 2011

Bam Bam rocks my muse world

My husband is so going to kill me for this, but I'm taking the chance anyway.

It's Halloween and though there are some muse-worthy hotties of the real celebrity form, I couldn't resist turning the muse avatar spotlight on to Bam Bam.

Doesn't he look adorable with his white surfer hair and leopard print beanie? (Yup, I'm going to die - and he'll get away with it since it's Halloween!)

Every year, my husband tries to get me into a Brussel Sprout costume because he is 6'5" and thus a worthy Jolly Green Giant. I'm short, but really? Not going to happen.

I must admit though, when we found these awesome Pebbles and Bam Bam costumes, I couldn't help but fall in love with my husband all over again. He's tall, tattooed, and often intimidating - but had no problem playing the part of young Bam Bam, even when we entered a pub full of zombies, vampires and drunk people not even dressed up. He was so confident and fun!

We actually won the costume contest, but that isn't the only reason I'm naming Bam Bam (aka: handsome hubby) this week's muse avatar.

He put up with a lot from me this weekend. An emotional outburst as I blubbered about missing family, and recognizing my teen stepdaughter is pretty much past "family time" holidays. Not to mention the six hours he put into creating our awesome Halloween Lane for the local trick-or-treaters. He bought champagne to celebrate the e-book launch of Spirited (containing a story by "the other me") and didn't even look at me askance when I said tomorrow was the start of NaNoWriMo.

Yes, even after I explained what it was.

Muse worthy indeed.

After a highly energized October, I thought November might slow down a bit. Instead, I've jam packed the month with great projects, including my yearly attempt at completing 50,000 words inside a month. Doing the NaNo? My handle is Jagger74 - please come find me so you can kick me in the butt. Otherwise, Bam Bam will just club me.

Wishing everyone a safe and HAPPY Halloween. Go out there and scare some people, K.

Oh...I might save myself from my husband's wrath if I post a picture of the two of us as Pebbles and Bam Bam. Please try not to laugh TOO hard!



- Dawn

The Book In My Bag Today: The Night Circus, Erin Morgenstern

3 comments:

  1. Oh, you two look so cute! That's fabulous! I will go find you at NaNo, too... ARE YOU READY!!!???

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome--LOL! You guys look great, and I love that hubs is your muse. Mine, too. :o) And do the brussels sprout!!! That would be hilarious!

    Happy Halloween~ :o) <3

    ReplyDelete