Monday, July 9, 2012

A MUSE worth repeating

I know it's only been a few weeks since I cast Joe Manganiello as muse avatar, but after a couple of "incidents" last week, I'm convinced he needs a repeat appearance.

The first "incident?" I saw Magic Mike with a couple of ladies from work. Total chick flick, total eye candy, and frankly, a total revision of how I'd originally pegged Joe. In True Blood, he's a  a hulking, alpha male werewolf and that's hot.

In Magic Mike, he's a stripper with a mega...smile. (Seriously!) I love the funny side of Joe, and I even love him in his glasses and slicked back hair.

(Sidenote: Magic Mike also reaffirmed how much I DISLIKE Matthew McConaughey. Yuck. He's so sleezy...especially in THIS movie.)

Back to Joe.

The second thing that happened this week is that I've recommitted to a healthier lifestyle. Yep, it's that time of year again...when I realize I've gained way too much weight and lost track of my overall fitness.  I'm sleeping too much. My immune system is low. Blah blah blah. Not good.

So I'm dedicating the rest of the summer (and beyond) to getting back into shape. Which is really about making sure my brain is healthy, too.

So what does this mean? Well...I've cut out coffee creamer to start. Basically, that means I'm cutting back on coffee, because I've never been a fan of that coffee taste. I'm also cutting out sugar. Gulp. Boosting my veggies and fruits, etc. All stuff that makes common sense.

And then I'm training for a triathalon.

Ok, I confess. It's not a REAL triathalon. I live in the country where there's miles of open road. And in our backyard, we have a 16 feet across pool (a Wal-Mart special). I know, not much swimming space, BUT, I discovered yesterday that I CAN do laps in it...sort of. I just go in circles. Many. Many. Times.

My plan is to hit the road sometime today - when it's not TOO hot. I'm going to start with a 10 min run. Hop on my bike and do about 20 minutes of cycling. And then come back and hop in the pool for a swim. Every week, I'll increase the times for each activity. (Unless it pours rain...then I might avoid the pool...)

I've always wanted to try a triathalon...so maybe this experiment will work. Regardless, I'll be looking to my ultra fit muse avatar, Joe for inspiration.

- Dawn


The Book In My Bag Today: Crossed, Allie McCondie

No comments:

Post a Comment